“Bliss is yours with our soothing and calming therapy”
Feel stress-inducted discomforts simply melting away, promoting inner harmony and clarify of mind
Practiced for more than 5,000 years, Shirodhara oil treatment originates from India and is based on the ancient principles of Ayurvedic medicine. Translated from the Sanskrit as a holistic healing science, Ayurveda aims to harmonize the body, mind, senses, and soul. Ayurveda may be an ancient Indian therapy, but its appeal is thoroughly modern. This holistic system of diet, herbal remedies, and massage has become popular with thousands of celebrities, spa-goers and harried workers all around the world who wish to regain a balanced and healthy life.
“Experience instant calmness and rejuvenation”
“Shirodhara is a luxuriant and easy way to achieve instant calm and rejuvenation.
The term Shirodhara is derived from the two Sanskrit words: shiro, meaning head, and dhara, meaning to flow.
It involves the warm and consistent flow of aromatic oils on the forehead, specifically on the “third eye.”
This is the chakra point just above and between the eyebrows and is said to be the seat of human consciousness. The oils flow over the scalp and through the hair, creating a blissful sensation”
- Lying on your back, your head will be positioned under the oil “fountain” – a copper vessel with a slow-flowing spout from which our specially prepared oil stream gently onto your forehead.
- As the soothing and fragrant oil flow in a continuous stream. You’re quickly transported to a calm place!
- The oil also nourish your hair and scalp before they are captured in a basin below.
- Your mind is lulled into a state of serenity.
- Some people even experience a state of expanded consciousness.
- As the oil flows onto the third eye, it is said to have a balancing effect on the deepest recesses of the brain, while stimulating the endocrine system’s pituitary and pineal gland.
- The procedure is also said to synchronize alpha brain waves, enhance blood circulation to the brain, improve mental clarity, and release deeply trapped toxins.
Benefits of Shirodhara
- Stimulates the 3rd eye and crown chakras, and awakens intuition and inner wisdom
- Relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia through natural serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin release
- Helps mental focus and concentration
- Balances VATA DOSHA
- Works on the cerebral system, helps to relax the nervous system, and balances the ‘Praan Vaayu’ (life force energy) around the head
- Improves the sensitivity of five senses
- Reduces and relieves migraine headaches
- Decreases hair loss and fatigue and makes one calm and refreshed
- Deeply relaxes mind and body
- Releases negative emotions and thought patterns.
- Improves sleep patterns
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines
- Heightens the senses
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Pacifies vata reducing anxiety, restlessness, irritability, nervousness, fear & excessive thinking
- Improves mental focus and concentration.
These benefits are further enhanced after a massage (Abhyanga), when the body is already relaxed and in a receptive state.
Recommended to those who are experiencing discomforts around the head region, hair loss/greying, and lethargy.
Banish anxiety and insomnia, highly rejuvenating for the brain and mind, balances all hormones, natural remedy for depression.
Duration of Treatment
of rejuvenating treatment inclusive of head, neck, shoulder, knee down feet massage.
“Consider including Abhyanga Snanam treatment together with Shirodhara”