Interested in traditional healing systems? Want to expand your knowledge of Ayurveda? Check out our Ministry of Education approved Ayurveda Massage Therapist Course.
AYURVEDA MASSAGE THERAPIST COURSE
Ayurveda is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems. It is the authentic natural health system of India that has been in existence nearly as long as yoga. While most medical systems look purely at alleviating illness, Ayurveda takes both a preventive and healing approach.
What will I learn?
- Principals of Ayurveda, Ayurvedic lifestyle and tri-Dosha theory
- Dhatus, Mala and Gunas
- Identifying Doshas in clients
- Ayurvedic human anatomy
- Knowledge of herbs, oils and their use in Ayurvedic treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment planning on a case-by-case basis
- Specialised Ayurvedic treatments for common concerns and illnesses
- Ayurveda massage techniques:
- Abhyanga Snanam (full body massage therapy)
- Padabhyanga (foot massage therapy)
- Navara Kizhi (milk and rice massage with bolus)
- Podi kizhi (warm herbal massage with bolus)
- Shirodhara (oil pouring on forehead)
- Shiro Abhyanga (head, neck and shoulder massage)
- Soundarya Vardhini (facial massage therapy with mask)
- Udwarthanam (dry herbs massage therapy)
- Janu Vasti (warm oil therapy for the knees)
- Greva Vasti (warm oil therapy for the neck)
- Kati Vasti (warm oil therapy for the lower back)
Almost 95% of this course is hands-on to ensure competence in performing the therapies. Sessions are highly interactive and include intensive coaching, practical sessions, assignments, workshops, real client practice sessions and evaluations.
Why Ayurveda Massage Therapist Course at MAYI AyurYoga?
Our Ayurveda instructors are all highly trained and professional instructors, that are passionate practitioners of Ayurveda. They have taught a variety of students from all walks of life and from all over the globe. Most have also been teaching for over 10 years and thus are professional teachers, who know how to ensure that each student understands and assimilates the knowledge presented to them.
The course is approved by the Ministry of Education in Malaysia and is valid internationally. After successful completion of the course, participants will receive the Ayurveda Massage Therapist Course Certificate (AMTC) and the AMTC transcript of the modules covered.
We have three different types of intakes catered to suit your needs:
Intensive – Five full days of continuous coaching. This is recommended for international participants or for those that wish to complete the course as quickly as possible.
Semi-intensive – One half-day session per week, over 5 weekends. The semi-intensive intake is best for busy executives who are unable to take leave from work or for those with a rigid weekday schedule.
Part-time – A 2-hour session per week, over 15 weeks. If you have a lot of commitments and are in no rush to complete the course, you can opt for the part-time course.
We offer both group and private intakes.
- 15th April 2018 at Bangsar/Puchong
- 21st April 2018 at Damansara
- 20th May 2018 at Subang
- 3rd June 2018 at Klang
- 11th June 2018 at Selayang
- 18th June 2018 at Subang
- 23rd June 2018 at Bangsar
- 23rd July 2018 at Puchong
- 5th August 2018 at Klang
- 17th September 2018 at Damansara